Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Baby Booties Variation 1

Skill Level: Easy
Materials:
  • 4 ply yarn
  • Size "H" crochet hook
Abbreviations:
  • HDC - half double crochet
  • SL ST - slip stitch
  • CH - chain
  • FPHDC CLUSTER - front post half double crochet cluster
Pattern Notes:
  • Join with a slip stitch unless said
  • CH 1, pull up does not count as a stitch
  • To do the FPHDC CLUSTER, do a FPHDC, leaving the last two loops on the hook. Do that for the next 10 stitches. Yarn over and pull throught all 11 loops when done.
Sole
  • Do 8 HDC foundation.
  • Round 1: 4 HDC in next stitch, 6 HDC in next 6 stitches, 4 HDC in last stitch. Join
  • Round 2: CH 1, pull up. 2 HDC in same stitch as joining. 1 HDC in next 6 stitches. *2 HDC in next stitch, 1 HDC in next stitch* 3 times. 1 HDC in next 6 stitches. *2 HDC in next stitch, 1 HDC in next* 2 times. Join. You can change colors here if you want.
Sides
  • Round 1: CH 1, pull up. Working in back loops, 1 HDC in each HDC. Join
  • Round 2: CH 1, pull up. 1 HDC in each HDC around. Join. Fasten off.
Top
  • Find the center stitch by folding the bootie lengthwise. One you find the center stitch, count back 5 stitches. Attach yarn with a SL ST.
  • CH 1, FPHDC CLUSTER in same stitch. CH 1 to secure all the stitches.
  • Fasten off leaving a long end for sewing. Weave in all ends.
If you notice ANY MISTAKES, please tell me through the comments. If you need ANY HELP, please tell me through the comments. Please enjoy!

18 comments:

  1. Hi!
    What is a HDC foundation? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late reply! Here is a link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEBR6SCt8IA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Isabella,

    Can you post a video of this pattern. I am finding it quite difficult to understand this pattern. Btw I am new to crocheting Baby Booties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous,
    I'm sorry, but I don't have a video. I would be more than happy to put up a photo tutorial, if that would help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great. I had been searching all day for an easy bootie pattern that could go with the yarn I was using...and these were perfect. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Isabella,
    These are really cute booties, but I'm getting hung up on the sole. Particularly round 2, there are a lot of stitches but no where to stick them. I'm assumming that I'm going wrong in the prior steps. Please help, more pictures would be amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Penney,
    I am sorry for the late reply. Could you be more specific about the problem you have?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Isabela,
    Just wondering what is the size of this bootie and what age does this fits?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Anonymous,
    This would fit a newborn to three months

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isabella, with pennys issue it says in the sole instructions in row 1 to do six hdc in the next six stitches. Thats 64 stitches. This should read as one hdc in each of the next six stitches. Also i am confused on how to find the center stitch to finish the top of the bootie. Are you supposed to fasten off the yarn after finishing the sides and reattach it w a slip stitch to the center stitch? I pulled this bootie apart four times trying to figure out what was going on w the pattern. If possible ill send you a picture of what i have made so far and you can tell me if it is right or not..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please send me a picture. I will be sure to get a picture up for this part

      Delete
  11. Hi, I just made these booties! They are so adorable :) I added a strap just for extra security :) Thanks for the pattern. You are awesome! Keep designing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you working in the round for sole or are you chaining and then turning? If you are chaining please tell me how many you are chaining.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this pattern. I can´t wait to crochet it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Isabella.
    Thank you so much for this pattern !!!
    Just did my first booties and they look Wonderful!!!
    Thank you!
    My best wishes !

    ReplyDelete
  15. what does "pull up" mean after a chain 1?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been trying so many different things but this pattern just isn't working. The math isn't right or something because I either end up with not enough or too many stitches to finish out a round the way it's written

    ReplyDelete